To know more about GM diet, please see this :
All fruits except bananas. Your first day will consists of all fruits you want. It is suggested you consume lots of watermelon and cantaloupe.
All vegetables. You are encouraged to eat until you are stuffed with all the new and cooked vegetables of your choice. There is no limit on the account or type. Avoid oil and coconut while cooking vegetables. Have large boiled potato for breakfast.
Any mixture of fruits and vegetables of your choice. Any amount, any quantity. No bananas yet and no potatoes today.
Bananas and milk. Today you will eat as many as eight bananas and drink three glasses of milk. You can also have one bowl of vegetables soup.
Today is a feast day. You will eat 1 (one) cup of rice. You also have to eat 6 (six) whole tomatoes and drink 12 (twelve) glasses of water today to cleanse your system of the excess uric acid you will be producing.
Today is another all vegetables day. You must eat 1 cup of rice today and eat all the vegetables you want cooked and uncooked to your heart's content.
Today your food intake will consist of 1 cup rice, fruit juice and all the vegetables you care to consume. Tomorrow morning you will be five to eight kilograms lighter than 1 week ago. If you desire further weight loss, repeat the program again. Repeat the program as often as you like, however, it is suggested that you rest for three days before every repetition.
The above is directly stolen from GM Diet
GM, stands for General Motors.
My Do's and Dont's while following this diet :
- Drinking 10 glasses of water everyday was very helpful. Please do it; it will help in removing toxins and fat from your body in the form of water wastage, which I experienced.
- As suggested eat a lot of water melon and musk melon (keerni pazham in tamil, also known as cantaloupe).
- Tomatoes are must on the 5th day. If you do not like tomatoes, reduce the content to 3 and have it as chutney.
- Try having Brown Rice on day 5. Brown Rice is not the Kerala rice, kerala rice is actually red rice. Brown rice will look like wheat when raw. I personally hated brown rice. It is very bad. Try to have it along with tomato chutney. By the way, one cup of rice is 125 gm of raw rice for the whole day.
- For 6th and 7th day, if you hate brown rice like me, have plain white rice.
- On all vegetables day, you can have subway salad. The only sauce that is suited is "Southwest", which is low fat. Just add a very small quantity of this sauce so that you would enjoy your foods taste.
- If you are able to clear Day 1, you will get used to thsi diet from 2nd Day dinner.
- On day 4, if this diet is working out for you, you will not be able to eat 8 bananas. 6-7 would fill your stomach.
- Please avoid sugar, milk(apart from day 4) and salt. This really helps.
- Work out aong with the diet is helpful, but do this from rice day.
It is worth trying out twice a year, but you need a lot of will power. One more final tip, on first day, do not take fruits as whole, cut them and eat, that would make the eating part easier. I thank my in-laws and wife for doing the favor of salad preparation and fruit cutting and etc etc which made this diet successful for me.
Please try this and let me know you experiences.