And I was so proud of Mr X until 05/02/2010, whom I thought had coined this word. My respect grew for this guy after he coined it. It made absolute sense to coin this word for a party, dinner, sporting event, or for that matter even sleep. And it also drew me to a conclusion that reading new words and developing your vocabulary actually increases your command over a language by allowing you describe something with a word of such a simple stature :"LEGENDARY".
And on the above mentioned date, I realized a bigger fact. Watching a movie or a series in English is what is a more factual reason of great terms getting coined rather than improving vocab by learning new words.
A quote from HIMYM :
- Barney: [at a party] Do you ever go behind the rope and touch it?
- Employee at Liberty Bell Site: Only all the time.
- Barney: Do you ever like, stick your head inside it?
- Employee: Yeah.
- Barney: Have you ever licked it?
- Employee: Nope...I have never licked it.
- Barney: I bet nobody in history has ever licked the Liberty Bell. If someone were to pull that off, I daresay it would be - what's the word? LEGENDARY.
PS: Guys who do not understand this post, please wait for the comment from Mr X.