* F1 car is made up of 80,000 components, if it were assembled 99.9% correctly, it would still start the race with 80 things wrong!
* When an F1 driver hits the brakes on his car he experiences retardation or deceleration comparable to a regular car driving through a BRICK wall at 300kmph!!!
* F1 car can go from 0 to 160 kph AND back to 0 in FOUR seconds!!!!!!!
* F1 car engines last only for about 2 hours of racing mostly before blowing up on the other hand we expect our engines to last us for a decent 20yrs on an average and they quite faithfully DO....that's the extent to which the engines r pushed to perform...
* An average F1 driver looses about 4kgs of weight after just one race due to the prolonged exposure to high G forces and temperatures for little over an hour (Yeah that's right!!!)
* At 550kg a F1 car is less than half the weight of a Mini.
* To give you an idea of just how important aerodynamic design and added down force can be, small planes can take off at slower speeds than F1 cars travel on the track.
* Without aerodynamic down force, high-performance racing cars have sufficient power to produce wheel spin and loss of control at 160 kph. They usually race at over 300 kph.
* In a street course race like the Monaco grand prix, the down force provides enough suction to lift manhole covers. Before the race all of the manhole covers on the streets have to be welded down to prevent this from happening!
* The refuelers used in F1 can supply 12 liters of fuel per second. This means it would take just 4 seconds to fill the tank of an average 50 liter family car. They use the same refueling rigs used on US military helicopters today.
* TOP F1 pit crews can refuel and change tyres in around 3 seconds. It took me 8 sec to read above point
* During the race the tyres lose weight! Each tyre loses about 0.5 kg in weight due to wear.
* Normal tyres last 60 000 - 100 000 km. Racing tyres are designed to last 90 - 120 km.
* A dry-weather F1 tyre reaches peak operating performance (best grip) when tread temperature is between 900C and 1200C.(Water boils boils at 100C remember) At top speed, F1 tyres rotate 50 times a second.
And that's not Magic…. Its only the Power of Human Imagination…
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Nice One Indeed!!! Really interesting facts about Formula. I have one more to add to the list..
Always the people who are sidelined are the "Pit stop mechanics". the car is guided in to the pitstop by "lolly pop" men who has "stop/first gear sign" .. And there will be min of 12 to 18 people working on the car @ the pitstop.
Very true da...F1 is indeed team effort...
Put your bet da, Alonso, Lewis or Kimi this season???
I'm for Hamilton.
Kimi is my Champion!!! But its going to be an interesting finale ..
Me for Alonso...He deserves a win guys...
Post a Comment